Only the Best Vinyl Windows
Providing Expert advice on choosing the correct vinyl replacement windows and doors since 2003.
With so many brands of vinyl windows available to consumers, it is critical to learn as much as you can about the various brands available. Hi, my name is Ken and I have been reviewing and rating vinyl replacement window and doors since 2003. Let me be your guide on what to look for when you decide to move forward with replacing your existing windows and doors with vinyl.
Why Replace Your Old Windows With New Vinyl Replacement Windows?
- New vinyl replacement windows are more energy efficient making your home more comfortable in the summer and winter.
- Vinyl windows reduce the outside noise from coming into your home.
- New windows enhance your homes look.
- Installation is fast and often takes 1 or 2 days to complete.
- Replacement windows give you a great return on investment: 92%(ROI)
Four Major Factors to Consider When Purchasing Windows and Doors
- Warranty. Most people purchase replacement windows only once per home. Be sure to find out what the labor and window warranty is for your preferred window brand. Window manufacturers usually have a life time warranty and a glass breakage warranty. However, the company that installs the windows for you may only have a limited lifetime warranty. Be sure to have the sales representative that represents the installation company clearly explain what a limited life time warranty on labor really means.
- Features. Customers often make the mistake of thinking that a more costly replacement window is a better window. A window that comes with more bells and whistles then a competing brand, doesnâ€™t make it a better window. Be sure to learn about the factors that affect sound transmission, heat transmittance, energy efficiency and light transmittance.
- Installation. This is by far the most important issue that must be evaluated. It wonâ€™t matter how energy efficient your new vinyl windows are, if they are installed wrong. Make sure to find out who will be installing your windows, what licenses the business has, and whether the installers are Ahma certified. I have met many customers who think they are going to save money by ordering windows supply only, and attempting to install them themselves. Rarely a good idea. The other common mistake in going with the lowest window bid. Never go with the lowest bid. There is a reason why they are so cheap and its usually because they donâ€™t know what they are doing.
- Permits. Check with your local building and safety for your city to find out if a building permit is required for replacement windows and doors. You would be surprised how often the answer is YES. Getting a permit is a good idea because an inspector from the city will check the contractorâ€™s work to make sure your windows and doors have been installed correctly.